Wednesday, August 3, 2011

VINTAGE MOSAIC COFFEE TABLE~NOTHING ORDINARY ABOUT IT!

 I picked up this vintage mosaic coffee table at a area consignment shop. It had just come in and was still sitting out front on the sidewalk.  Needless to say it did not make it inside. I believe it was made in the 1950's.  As much as I loved this piece I could not make it work in our home.  It now resides in one of my favorite friends and designer's living room here in Dallas.  I certainly can not keep all the great things I find(I am a minimalist at heart) so I love finding and being on the look out for friends as well.~Tracy




3 comments:

  1. Tracy, thanks for getting in touch with me on my blog and your comment about your recent painting purchase. I too am an estate and garage sale fanatic, loved reading about all your great finds. Am jealous that you found Helen's painting before I did, can't wait to see your post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy -

    I have searched up and down for a mosaic-topped brass coffee table much like the beaut pictured in this post. Is there any information you can provide on this piece, so I can find a similar one? Or, you mentioned that this piece doesn't work in your home. Would you be willing to part with it? Let me know your thoughts. My best,
    Kathleen (kathleenwhitaker.tumblr.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, what wonderful things you find, especially interesting to a mosaic fanatic like myself. If your minimalist tendencied ever extend to that fantastic mermaid (which I have been looking for for over five years without success) please let me know. A pleasure to read your posts! I see you like Bitossi as well, nice little horse in the Lime pics...

    ReplyDelete