Wednesday, February 2, 2011

GREAT VISTA ALEGRE FIND

                   I found these three VISTA ALEGRE figurines at a sale last Saturday for $5, I mean $5 for all three!  Along with that miracle is the fact that none of them are cracked or chipped and all of their digits are intact. One recently sold on Ebay for $129. While they are not exactly my thing and I do not know exactly what I am going to do with them, I still think they are a great find
I did not know what they were so I looked up the stamp on the bottom which said VA Portugal in my book of marks. I came up with Vista Alegre and then the research on the computer was easy!                                       Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Hi! These figures are Vista Alegre, a famous Portuguese luxury porcelain house. They are completely handmade and painted. These date back to the 70s, as the logo is unique to the 70s era. The value of these new ones is $440.57. Older figures tend to appreciate, that's why I don't like to lay them out and keep them well, as they come at high prices at auction!

    ReplyDelete