Monday, March 7, 2011

COFFEE TABLE TURNED BENCH, MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE!


At consignment stores and estate sales coffee tables are abundant and not usually quick sellers.  This makes for a good selection and pricing to match.  Benches on the other hand are not as abundant and usually gone before you get there. (did I mention I have a weakness for benches, I use them everywhere)   I bought this coffee table turned bench at a consignment store for $40.00.  It had a thin and chipped piece of glass on it which I promptly discarded, sent it to the upholsterer spent another $100 or so and now have this great looking bench. I am ready to change the fabric on this again so I will post an update when I do. One good thing about recovering benches or stools is that they don't require much fabric so you can either splurge on something more expensive than you normally would or the other extreme, you may have a remnant left over from another project that would work well with you you have. Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment