Thursday, March 3, 2011

MASSIVE ALABASTER LEAF

Have I mentioned I have a thing for alabaster?  It will be a frequent visitor here on Urban Picker. Unlike the grapes which you can find now and then, this is the only alabaster leaf platter I have ever seen. Trust me if had found another it would also be mine!

It sits in front of the window atop our built in computer workspace. The light coming through sets it aglow. It measures 18 inches long and 12 inches high. Some tranquility amidst the madness.

I found this several years ago at an estate sale. It was in the garage and a little on the crusty side and it was $4. This leads me to a "hunting" tip.
While at an estate sale always head for the garage not last, but first. All those things in the living room that are all spiffed up and known treasures and will be priced accordingly. But unknown treasures lurk (albeit a little crusty)in the garage and are usually priced to get rid of!  If anyone has something like this or runs across one I would love to see it!
Happy hunting, Tracy
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: